FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team in BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh.
The sanctuary is in Ky Phu commune, Nho Quan district, Ninh Binh province and allows greater governmental enforcement of the existing laws prohibiting the abuse of bears for bile extraction. We provide a place for any confiscated or voluntarily handed over bears to be taken to and cared for appropriately.
FOUR PAWS Vietnam is searching for people with a positive mindset and great dedication and passion for animal welfare. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.kieransplace.com.
Your contribution will be:
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient daily operations of the bear areas at BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh, and working within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure animal, staff, and visitor safety and security
- Supervising the animal caretaker teams and ensuring that daily husbandry practices and safety protocols are strictly adhered to
- Creating and implementing enrichment programs for all bears
- Overseeing facility management of bear houses, enclosures, and some sanctuary grounds
- Carrying out integrations, weighing bears, positive reinforcement training
Your profile ideally illustrates:
- Minimum of 3 years-experience in captive animal management
- Experience in husbandry of large carnivores
- Experience supervising, managing, and training staff
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant subject
- Cultural sensitivity, experience working with individuals from differing cultural backgrounds
- Practical, adaptable, creative, hardworking, problem solver
Our offer includes:
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- Occasional business travel
- An animal friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- A modern leadership culture and promotion of training measures
- An annual return flight, accommodation in BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh, work permit, and visa to Vietnam
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your cover letter and CV in English as well as your salary requirements to: